Welcome to Namaste Cargo Nepal Pvt. Ltd. we are one of the leading International – Cargo forwarding & Courier service provider company from Nepal our main goal is to serve our customers with the highest satisfaction & promptness. Our Relaibility honesty, accuracy, close communication and commitment is our main asseet. We offer all types of services, from Express Documents & Parcel to Door to Door Cargo, airfreight to sea freight, warehousing to complete packing and complete international trasportaion services. We are a well established and acknowledged as a quality service provider and well respected by our customer and competitors for our technical knowledge and logistical ability, as well as our enviable record on service and attention detail.
Being one of the top cargo companies in Nepal, we have been providing our transportation and logistics services in different countries in the world. The shipping laws of the country vary as per its constitutions. There are various international shipping prohibitions and restrictions as per the rule of Nepal. While shipping the products internationally, the national, as well as international shipping rules and regulations, must be considered. Some items are completely forbidden and others are allowed under certain conditions. These items may be valuable things and are categorized as endangered stuff. Nepal has its own rule for importing and exporting things. Your country may have a different rule for importing different things. It varies country by country.
As the sellers are aiming for the International Shipping, the shipping laws are becoming more conducive and various incentives are being increased for the sellers and the idea of global selling seems to be more lucrative than ever. Various products are done very well in the international market whereas some are banned. Some sellers believe that it is easy to ship anything when they tie-up with the carrier partner, but this is not true. According to the shipping laws, various items are banned from shipping and also different items are legalized for shipping. This banned items cannot be exported from one country to another. Each country has different items for shipping that are specified by their government. Here are different shipping banned and legal items in Nepal mentioned below:
1. Banned items for export
- Articles of Archaeological and Religious importance: These items include the things that have religious importance. As the archaeology and religions and their practices vary from country to country, the export of these things is banned in Nepal. These articles of Archaeological and Religious importance are:
i. National and foreign coins or archeological value
ii. Idols of gods and goddesses, palm leaf inscription (Tad Patra), Plant leaf inscription (Bhoj Patra)
iii. Scroll (Thanka paintings) of historical Importance
- Conserved wildlife and related articles: Different wildlife are categorized into endangered species nowadays. There is a rule for shipping banned for the wildlife and related articles. Here are some conserved wildlife and related articles in Nepal.
i. Wild animals
ii. Bile and any part of wild animals
iv. The skin of different animals such as snake and lizard
- Drugs: Drugs are the chemicals that can bring negative effects in the body when taken without the prescription of the doctor. A different drug like Marijuana, Opium, Hashish, and another drug which are defined in the Single Convention of Narcotics, 1961 are banned to export from Nepal.
- Articles are Industrial Importance: Industries have different confidential information that is not to be shared publicly. These articles and things that can cause a negative effect in the industry are banned for export.
i. Explosive materials and fuse or materials
ii. Materials that are used for the production of arms and ammunition
- Raw Materials: As raw materials are valuable resources that can be used for the production of new products, they are highly restricted by the law. These raw materials include the skin of animals, raw wood, and various raw materials that are extracted naturally.
- Other: Some of the other products that are banned for shipping in Nepal are mamira, timber, and log, etc.
2. Products under Quantitative Restriction:
These are the products that have specific limits on the quantity that can be imported or exported from one country to another. These products are notified by the Government of Nepal at a certain interval of time.
3. Products allowed for exports:
All the products except the banned and under quantitative restrictions are allowed for exports in Nepal.